Monica Witmer is a Wellness Hotelier and Integrative Nutrition Health Coach. She was the Pre-Opening Manager and later the Director of Sales and Marketing at Pikaia Lodge Galapagos; a luxury resort project in the Galapagos Islands which aims to redefine the concept of a luxury eco-lodge and be a pioneer in sustainable development. Ms. Witmer took over this project in 2011 after having participated in a wide range of hospitality projects worldwide for companies including Kempinski Hotels in Geneva, Switzerland, Chiva-Som Health Resorts in Bangkok, Thailand and Oberoi Hotels & Resorts in Indonesia. She previously completed her BS in International Hospitality Management (specializing in Hospitality Entrepreneurship & Food and Beverage) at Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne in Switzerland. As Pre-Opening Manager, Ms. Witmer worked closely with the development team to create the resorts concept, prepare and position Pikaia Lodge in the market, recruit human resources and set standards for operational functions. She holds both Swiss and Ecuadorian Citizenship and is fluent in English, Spanish, German, Swiss German and French. In 2013, Monica co-founded her own sustainable label called Kichay which works with local artisans around the world to produce handmade luxury goods. Monica is passionate about the Health and the Wellness Industry; wholesome gastronomy and she is avid sportswomen. In her spare time, Monica and her husband are art collector, passionate about modern and contemporary art: they are actively engaged in supporting Ecuadorian based emerging artist who represent the vanguard of contemporary art in the country.
Integrative Nutrition Health Coach in private practice
Head of Department, responsible for International Sales, Marketing and Public Relations.
• Responsible for Pikaia Lodges Boutique & Retail Strategy • Operational Quality control
• Participate in the development of the resort’s concept & product
• Manage the pre-opening critical path and coordinate all departments to a successful opening of the Luxury Resort.
• Creation of operational, management and financial systems to optimize spa operations
• Training and development of staff
• Reported directly to the General Manager of The Oberoi Hotel Bali & The Oberoi Hotel Lombok, as well as the Corporate Spa Director at Oberoi Hotels Headquarters.
• Head of Department, responsible for Spa Operations at The Oberoi Hotel Bali & The Oberoi Hotel Lombok
• Development and implementation of spa retail line for The Oberoi Spas Indonesia • Implementation of Oberoi Spa Standard Operating Procedures
• Development and execution of Spa Marketing Strategy
Assistance in the creation of the company and spa brands
Coordination of international cross-promotional activities
Handling of incoming enquiries in relation to sales and media
Update and translation of Chiva-Som official press kit
Optimization of sales activities