We’re looking for an exceptional VP of Sales to oversee and lead all aspects of our flourishing wholesale business, including strategy, planning, resource/team development, account management and new business, across all of our specialty channels (green beauty, beauty, grooming, specialty/lifestyle, natural foods and alternative channels). The high-level goal for this position will be to grow our thriving yet still small wholesale business 5-10x over next 5 years through a combination of sales wizardry, gumption, team-building and hard work.
- Take lead on honing our wholesale strategy and implementation - including crafting our annual wholesale operating plan, honing tools and reporting out on key metrics
- Recruit, train, oversee, manage and lead in-house team, reps, trainers, distributors, etc. (and perform annual reviews)
- Drive same-store sales growth in all accounts, focusing on top 20 strategic partners (regular communication, good tools, quarterly joint-marketing plans/goals, sharp training program, in-store/onsite display, in-stocks, etc)
- Lead strategic new business effort, focusing on strategic partners in core channels (green beauty, beauty, grooming, lifestyle….) while overseeing efforts to vet opportunity/develop new channels - e.g. hotel, travel, boutique fitness
- Work closely with marketing, product development and operations to foster a spirit of innovation across the business and improve overall efficiencies/competitiveness
- Serve as an active member of sr. management team working closely with founders and other leaders in the business to achieve high-level business goals (mission, revenue, innovation, culture, etc)
- Work with suitable intermediaries to find and activate suitable partners to build U/M business in key overseas markets (Australia, Japan, EU, etc)
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in sales (experience with specialty retailers is a big plus)
- Proven track record of growing sales for a premium CPG business (successful account management, strategic new business development, team building)
- Strong business/financial acumen - analyzing figures/reports, negotiating partnerships/contracts, discerning trends, P&L/budget responsibility, etc.
- Outgoing, charismatic, positive, tenacious, confident, natural leader, self-starter/directed, entrepreneurial
- Passionate about premium natural products and mission-driven brands
- Loves to build relationships and help accounts through consultative sales approach
- Open to traveling (once or twice/month)