We are looking to hire an experienced landscaper who would like to transition from conventional landscaping methods to fully organic practices and food growing. At first, this person would be working under a foreman since our work is so specialized, but eventually we would like to be able to leave them alone at a job if needed. Someone who is diligent, can work well on their own and who has an interest in plants (especially edible ones) would be ideal. We can guarantee 20-30 hours of work per week from April through October, with a possibility of 40 hours/week in May and June.
--We are a 100% organic Landscaping company that specializes in edible gardening. We design and install anything from raised vegetable beds, to in-ground gardens, as well as add to an existing perennial landscape. Our maintenance and seasonal work includes Mulching, Removing leaves, Weeding, Pruning, Planting, Installing drip irrigation etc. We also teach workshops/classes and run a gardening program at our local YMCA.--
Please check out our website if you'd like to know more about us and see our work:
Responsibilities and Duties
- General Landscaping labor such as mulching, pruning/trimming, edging, mowing, using a leaf blower etc.
- Gardening Tasks such as planting, weeding, pruning, dividing, harvesting, fertilizing and amending soil etc.
- Raised bed building
- Above ground irrigation set-up
- Communicating with customers while on the job as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous Landscaping Experience (please include references)
- A reliable method of transportation
- Basic gardening/farming knowledge or experience
- Ability to use basic power tools from time to time
- No drug/alcohol abuse
- Ability to drive a truck with a trailer
- Ability to be left alone on jobs without needing to be micro-managed
- Professional work ethic, clothing and hygiene
*We do not allow or condone any discrimination based on race, sexual/gender orientation, nationality, religion, etc*
Job Type: Part-time to Full time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour based on experience and can be negotiable