Second Nature Farm is a 3 acre diversified vegetable and fruit farm in Norton, MA (40 min south of Boston, 20 min east of Providence) and all our produce is Certified Naturally Grown. We grow over 30 different types of colorful vegetables and aim to grow the best quality produce possible!
Second Nature Farm has a farm-crew position open for the 2018 season!
No experience required – just a strong desire to learn how to grow vegetables.
Each year our crew members learn a number of valuable practices, amongst which include:
- extending the growing season with low-cost options
- intercropping vegetables to maximize space and yields
- marketing strategies for CSA and farmers’ market
- the nuts/bolts of running a successful farm on leased land
Besides a strong desire to learn how to farm, applicants should pride themselves in efficiency, attention to detail, daily improvement, and teamwork.
- Plant, irrigate, harvest, wash, and market our vegetables
- Help staff one of our Saturday farmers’ markets
The position runs from May-Halloween, and applicants are responsible for their own housing.
For more information about the farm, you can visit secondnaturefarm.com
This position is PAID: hourly, varies DOE, $13.00 - $14.00